Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Thoughts On Wonder

    About a week ago, I finished the book Wonder for the seventh time. Yes you read right, I said seven, and each time I loved it. Wonder has got to be my favorite book in the history of time. The first time I read it I was in 3rd grade and I fell in love with the story and the characters. The second time I read Wonder was in 5th grade when my teacher read it aloud to us. I had already known the book so I was very excited.

     You may think I was crazy to read a book 5 times in two years, but as I said before I fell in love with the book. The main reason why I love the book, is that the concepts are very realistic, and you create a personal bond with the characters. My favorite character was Summer. I admired how she accepted Auggie for who he was, and did not think twice about interacting with him unlike the rest of the kids at his school. She was very nice towards Auggie and got very upset when people made fun of him.

     The main characters name is August (Auggie) Pullman. He is a loving creative boy who LOVES Star Wars.  He has a sister named Via and two loving parents. He is scared to start school but ends up being one of the smartest kids in his class. Although he often gets stared at, he is tough through the entire year.

     Overall Wonder is about Auggie, his friends and family, and his first school expiriance. He may not be perfect, but he is amazing inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment